Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot? I Think Not!


As another year comes to a close, we are urged to reflect on ourselves and clean house, both inside and out. You know how it goes - out with the old, in with the new. But should we always follow the creed of Auld Lang Syne? Perhaps not all old (or auld) acquaintances should be forgotten, because from those contacts can spring something new and beautiful, inspiring on its own.

Just as I have drawn inspiration from powerful feminine political figures and heraldry of medieval times, so too have I looked toward fellow artists for my latest drive. Those of you familiar with my blog know my affinity for Art.sy, the innovative online platform for artists and art lovers alike to buy, sell, inform, and discuss. I often find myself browsing the site to kickstart my creative juices and find motivation for my baubles in other media. Below are some of my recent translations. 

Happy New Year to you all.. it's off to a colorful and textural start! 

Marlene Tseng Yu "Forces of Nature"



translates to: Red Azalea "Wavy Disks" Mesh Necklace and Earrings


Lionel Bawden "Underworlder" 2011




    translates to: Antique Brass Geometric Links and Pink Beads Choker


    Jed Novatt "Chaos: Defining the Invisible"  2012


    Translates to: Black "Geo" Cube with Pyrite Necklace



    Toby Ziegler "The Cripples" 2012

    translates to: "Crystal Mountain" Pendant with Quartz and Pyrite on Silver linked Chain



     I recommend you check out Art.sy as a source for inspiration, and I encourage you to post your results here on my blog! 


    Pauletta Brooks

    www.PaulettaBrooks.com
    www.Pauletta.Etsy.com

    No comments: